Barbados Weddings & Honeymoon Destination
Barbados (Say: bahr BAY dohz) lies out in the Atlantic, 100 miles east of its neighbors in the southern crescent of the Windward Islands. Barbados offers white-sand beaches and rolling hills and fields of sugar cane, rather than lush volcanoes and tropical rain forests. Its nickname “Little England” is reflected in its British traditions of afternoon tea and cricket matches.
A number of daily nonstop flights arrive from New York, Miami, Toronto and Montreal at the international airport in Christ Church Parish, 11 miles east of Bridgetown. Charters from the east coast also bring visitors to the island. Connections from some American cities can best be made through San Juan, Puerto Rico. This island is also a very important hub with numerous flights to and from nearby islands. Flights from Europe (primarily the United Kingdom and Germany) are frequent.
- Land Area : 166 square miles
- Population : 268,000
- Capital : Bridgetown
- Languages : English
- Time Zone : UTC -4 or AST (EST+1). Daylight saving time is not observed.
- Currency : Barbados dollar
- Cruise Call : 1 major harbor located in the Capital
- Weddings Info : Legal weddings can be performed on this island within a few hours for cruise ship clients or on island vacationers.
- Price: $$
What's Special about Barbados
- White sand beaches
- Island made of coral
- Major airport and cruise hub