Jamaica Weddings & Honeymoon Destination
Jamaica (Say: juh MAY kuh) is one place in which reality fulfills expectations. The foliage-covered mountains, soft breezes, cascading waterfalls, and colorful flowers make Jamaica a tropical paradise, one of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean. Its vital culture matches its physical attributes and may be the strongest in the region. Jamaica music is well known all over the world. Jamaica is the third largest island in the Caribbean and almost the size of Connecticut. There are four (4) major areas on the island Kingston, Negril, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios.
Jamaica’s two major international airports are located at Montego Bay on the north coast and at Kingston on the south coast. Scheduled direct and nonstop flights operate out of New York, Newark, Baltimore/Washington and many others.
Both Montego Bay and Ocho Rios are ports for major Caribbean cruises. For the past few years Ocho Rios has been the most popular port of the two due to its beautiful near by island attractions and beaches.
- Land Area : 4411 square miles
- Population : 2.5 million
- Capital : Kingston
- Languages : English
- Time Zone : UTC -4 or AST (EST+1). Daylight saving time is not observed.
- Currency : Jamaican Dollar
- Cruise Call : 2 major cruise ports
- Weddings Info : All legal processing can be done within a few hours.
- Price: $$$
What's Special about Jamaica
- Its geographic location to the US
- Its rich culture and musical back ground